Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Simple equations of life..

Every now and then there would be people talking about life.. the meaning of life.. and so on..
To me, life is striking a balance between what you want to do and what you have to do.. put it in other words, you have your dreams and you have your duties..

In maths I'd probably turn out looking like this:

LIFE = DREAMS + DUTIES

If you twist it around, you'll see that..
DUTIES = LIFE - DREAMS
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.. life is just not fun when all you do is think about work...

On the other hand..
DREAMS = LIFE - DUTIES
Life without taking any responsibilities or such is really just an illusion.. it's just too unreal.. you need to work to have food on your plate..

Some might say that there are people out there that are lucky enough to find a job that they enjoy doing and have a fulfilling life... but I then question, "what is luck?".. and lately I came to a conclusion that luck is doing the right things unconsciously.. to be more lucky I just need to do more so that I unconsciously hit the right things frequently or just be more conscious and aware of what I'm doing and repeat what's right.. opportunities are always there...

Got you thinking there for a minute, didn't I? ;)

No comments: