Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Trigger Mechanism...

That was my main point for today's training on the topic of being a "Dynamic Employee"..

You see.. people (including your's truly) have problem sustaining motivation sometimes..
Some can carry it on for a few days, but most will slip back into a depressing mode when faced with certain type of challanges.. kena marah ke.. sedih ke.. all those negative vibes tend to bring you down..

Now by understanding how the mind works, we can actually simulate positive vibes.. and the key is what I call 'Trigger Mechanisms'.. basically when the brain is triggered by one or more of our 5 senses, we recall certain data from the unconscious mind to the conscious mind.. For example, when we smell a particular scent, we recall a certain memory of a person or place.. and what happens is that data also brings forward the emotion that is attached to it..

Just imagine if we have a token or momento that would help trigger those good memories around us all the time, wouldn't we be able to keep ourselves positive and motivated?
My answer would be 'yes' because I'm doing it and it really helps.. And the best thing is, it comes in various forms.. a friend I could talk to.. a song that I listen to.. a picture that I keep.. the pen that I put in my pocket.. the accessories that I use.. all are my personal trigger mechanisms..

Although I must advise against being too dependent on those trigger mechanisms - it could lead to idolism an such.. But it doesn't mean that you can't try it out.. What have you got to loose anyway? kan?
See for yourself what works best.. because at the end of the day, the best thing that you should be greatful for is your own self.. and that is the ULTIMATE trigger mechanism! Betul tak? ;)

No comments: